15/02/2019

An Award for Enjoyment

Yesterday Lydia went horseriding at Riding for Disabled. We weren't able to make it to the end of year Christmas Party, so she got her present yesterday instead. I was surprised when she was awarded a trophy. It was a trophy for enjoyment---what Lydia does best! 
I couldn't help but think--if mother's were awarded trophies, would it be possible for me to win an award for enjoyment?
Or would I win an award for complaining, self pity etc?
Do I enjoy all the lovely things in my life, or am I too focused on the challenges?
Do I enjoy my children, my home, my marriage, friendships, sunshine, flowers, food, and all the other blessings I have?
1 Timothy 6:17 says to trust in the living God who gives us richly all things to enjoy.
This is a little lesson I can learn from my sweet little girl! She can't do a whole lot, but she is great at enjoying things!




No comments:

Post a Comment