01/01/2020

When Life Gets Messy

I'm sitting in our yard looking at a big mess. 
Well, to me it looks like a mess. Holes, piles of dirt, crazy colored string, tall poles in holes, shorter poles and scraps of wood.
Although it looks like a mess, I know it is a project in the making. My husband tore out our small 'falling to pieces' deck and is building a much bigger and better one. He knows what he's doing. He has a plan and he is in control. It is not just a mess. But to build a permanent deck, he has to make a temporary mess. There's no other way.
And for God to make permanent improvements in my life, it often takes a mess. Tears, frustrations, worries, pain, things that are too hard, disappointments etc.
But since I belong to Christ and I've placed my life in His hands, then I know it's not just a mess. He has a plan and He is in control.
He is doing something good. Although the process may take a mess, He has a finished project in mind. I choose to trust Him and thank Him for what He is doing. And I ask Him to keep making whatever improvements are needed to make me more like Him.

Are there circumstances in your life at the moment that are messy? Know that you can trust God to bring good out of it. Accept what you can't change and let God work.

No comments:

Post a Comment