27/11/2012

My Career


Proverbs 1:5  “A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:”

If I were to become a schoolteacher, I would have to study for a few years. If I were to be become a doctor, I would have to study for many years. Most careers you have to do study for. Of course, you learn by experience as you go! But if you study for your job, you’ll make a whole lot less mistakes.
Well, I have become a mother and for me that is now my career. I am training and teaching children every day. Yet, I often don’t think of it as something I would need to study for. It doesn’t always seem that important. But why not? If being a schoolteacher is so important that you would need to take 3-4 years to study for it, why is teaching your very own child how to live not as important? If you must train for many years to take care of people’s bodies, should we not train to take care of a child’s soul which is far more important?
It would be nice if we could go to ‘Mother’s training school’ for 3 years before we become a mother, but we can’t! However, we can make time in our busy days to learn how to teach our children better and how to be better mothers.
Our children are so important. We only have one life in which to teach them, and the time just flies by. Soon they’ll be gone.
The Bible is our instruction book. We can also learn from those who have studied the Bible on these topics and who have learned much from their own life experiences.
The same lesson applies to our marriages. Are we learning all the time how to make our marriages better, or do we think it will just happen by itself?
When we come to the end of our life, whenever that may be, will we wish we had taken the time to learn how to be a better wife and mother?
There is always room for improvement!
Psalm 90:12  “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”

No comments:

Post a Comment