15/12/2012

I'm Busy, Lord


                     

                                             I'm busy Lord, surely you can see
The thousand things that wait for me!
The dishes still lie in the sink
I cannot stop to pray and think.

 
Lord, I know you understand
For You gave these children to my hand;
And now they cry and need me so
Lord you understand, I'd better go

Now I've got them all to sleep,
I better dust and mop and sweep.
I must thaw out the meat for stew
And the ironing is long overdue.

And kindly my Lord answered me
"Why do you from my presence flee
I have so much for you today
My child I want to hear you pray

I love you child I want you here
To rest and listen and shed a tear
What if Paul had stopped to say
Lord I'm to busy to write letters today

No, my child I'm what you need
Through household duties you can speed
Yet when you're through, there's emptiness
If this quiet time you miss"

Oh thank you Lord for showing me
How much I need to wait on Thee
For what's an undone dish or two
Compared to sharing time with you


-Nancy Stitzel

No comments:

Post a Comment