23/03/2014

Cherish the Moment

It just struck me last night how short the time with my children is. My husband and I were talking about how his mother felt when he decided to immigrate from Holland to New Zealand. I said to my husband, "Imagine how we would feel if Hannah (our 3yr old) decided to live across the other side of the world when she is older!" Then I thought, 'In only 15 yrs there's no guarantee she'll be home with us anymore. She may decide to live in another country.'
I realized that I need to make the most of the precious time I have right now while my children are still young.
 
Then I was reminded of this song.

Cherish The Moment
by Ron Hamilton
Read my book, rub my back; Mommy, listen to my prayer.
Let me sit in your lap. Daddy, fly me through the air.
Throw a ball, make a snack; Can we go to the park?
Tuck me in, hold me close; I'm afraid of the dark.
 
 Cherish the moment; soon you'll be apart.
Cling to the memory; Clasp it to your heart.
Soon comes the day when you'll have no child to hold,
So cherish, cherish the moment.
 
Sing a song, play a game; Swing me high in the air.
Ride a bike, fly a kite; How I love the times we share.
Hold my hand, hug my neck; Daddy bounce me on your knee.
Come and sit by my bed; Mommy rock me to sleep.
 
Think ahead to a time When your little ones are grown;
Hold them tight, don't lose sight Of the blessings you have known.
Think ahead to a time When your little boy's a man
And you'd give anything Just to hold him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment