17/02/2022

The Value of Children

Yesterday morning I helped for the first time at a preschool. Our Christian school has a little preschool one morning a week and all of our children went to it. Now as all of my children are at school and a new preschool helper was needed, I am helping.

But before I went, I read my children a Bible story at the breakfast table. We were up to the story of Jesus blessing the children. What a fitting story! 

Jesus wasn't too busy for children. He didn't think they were any less important than anyone else. He made time in His busyness to be with them and bless them.

What an example to us!

It's easy to think that's it's less important to teach the littles ones as they don't understand so much.

It's easy to underestimate the value of working with children, whether it's mothering, changing nappies, feeding babies, reading stories, cuddles, playing, going for a walk, school teaching or homeschooling.

It also applies to the special needs children who don't understand as much as the others. They're just as important!


No comments:

Post a Comment