16/04/2024

Loving God's Word and the Story of Mary Jones

Today we acted out the story of Mary Jones and her Bible. It was Hannah's idea and she planned it all out. I added in an application at the end and used the verse "Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold." Psalm 119:127. Mary loved God's word far more than money.

A few hours later this verse came to my mind when I was praying about something. And I was challenged. Mary had to sacrifice a lot because of her love for God's Word. I already have my own Bible, but there is a sacrifice that comes when you love it. And that sacrifice can be hard. The sacrifice of taking time to read and study it. The sacrifice of obeying it. The sacrifice of giving our time, money, effort and energy to teach it, share it, and make it possible for others to hear about it.

Are we willing to make sacrifices because of our love for God's Word? Do we love God's Word more than everything we have? 


No comments:

Post a Comment