05/02/2020

Not Only Being Thankful

Sometimes it feels like if I tell God my problems, I'm just complaining. My problems seem so petty compared to other people's so I feel like I should only give thanks to God for all my blessings. And yet the problems are weighing me down and I struggle on.
But Philippians 4:6 says, Be careful (anxious) for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
It doesn't only command us be thankful. It says to pray about everything that makes you anxious etc. with thanksgiving.
So I can pour out every irritation, problem, difficulty (no matter how petty or how much I think they shouldn't bother me) out to God and then thank him for all my many blessings. What a relief to be able to take every little or big burden to God and put them in His hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment