13/05/2022

A God That Can't Be Stolen

When Jacob secretly fled from Laban with his wives and children, Rachel stole her father's idols.
Imagine having a God that could be stolen! A helpless God that couldn't protect Himself!
I am so glad that my God can't be stolen. Nothing can separate me from Him. 

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39

But thinking about it, while worshiping idols is a foreign idea to me, it is still possible for me to have idols. Idols that can be stolen or taken away in an instant. My home, my health, my husband, my children, my possessions, my money, my freedom and so on.
If these things were taken away, would I still have what I love and value the most? As devastating as it would be, would I still have what I live for? Do I love God more than anything? Are my treasures on earth or in Heaven?
And what about you? Is what means the most to you something that can be stolen?

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. Psalm 73:25


No comments:

Post a Comment