28/10/2012

Quotes on Motherhood


I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.  They have clung to me all my life.  ~Abraham Lincoln

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.  ~Honoré de Balzac

She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along.  ~Margaret Culkin Banning

An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.  ~Spanish Proverb

Motherhood is priced
Of God, at price no man may dare
To lessen or misunderstand.
~Helen Hunt Jackson


The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown




The formative period for building character for eternity is in the nursery. The mother is queen of that realm and sways a scepter more potent than that of kings or priests. ~Author Unknown

A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.  ~Emily Dickinson

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  ~Washington Irving

That best academy, a mother's knee.  ~James Russell Lowell
A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.  ~Victor Hugo

Mommies are just big little girls.  ~Author Unknown
A mom's hug lasts long after she lets go.  ~Author Unknown

A mother's heart is a patchwork of love.  ~Author Unknown

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool mom.  ~Author Unknown

One good mother is worth a hundred schoolmasters.  ~George Herbert

Mother is a verb, not a noun.  ~Proverb

Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother.
~Ann Taylor


Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.  ~T. DeWitt Talmage

The mother of boys work son-up to son-down.  ~Author Unknown
A Mother's love grows by giving.  ~Charles Lamb

I cannot forget my mother.  She is my bridge.  When I needed to get across, she steadied herself long enough for me to run across safely.  ~Renita Weems

A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "Where mother is."  ~Keith L. Brooks

Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all.  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes







No comments:

Post a Comment