23/11/2014

Things I'm thankful for #1

Yesterday I was talking with a friend about how much we have to be thankful for. So I decided to write a list. The reason I'm sharing it is because I read a post on a blog awhile ago about what a lady was thankful for about her husband. It challenged me because some of the things she mentioned are things I just take for granted in my husband!  So hopefully this list might challenge someone else to realize their blessings.
 
1) I'm alive today!
When I was around 5yrs old I remember stepping onto the road to cross it and a driver slamming on his brakes. I was nearly run over. A few years later, me and my younger sister were swimming at the beach and the tide was going out. We got caught in the tide and nearly drowned. As a teenager learning to drive I had many close calls, and when I did roll my car, I got nothing more than a bump on my head.
2)I'm usually painfree.
3) I can see, hear, smell, feel, walk etc.
4) The ability/energy to run my household.
5) A house to live in.
6) A godly heritage.
7)Appliances that make life easier--oven, fridge, freezer, jug, vacuum cleaner, washing machine etc.
8) Electricity.
9) Laughter.
10) Humor.
11) Smiles. :)
12) Trials to keep us close to God.
13) God is in control.
14) Colors
15) Such variety of foods
16) 3 healthy children
17) Marriage
18) Beautiful Flowers
19) Running water in my house
20) Religious Freedom
 
There is too many for one post, so will share some more next time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment