04/01/2015

The Most Important Thing

What is your biggest fear?
For me one of my biggest fears is that something will happen to me (or both me and my husband) while we still have little children dependent upon us. I thought I had finally gotten over this fear until I heard of a young mum my age (with the same amount of children as me) who was killed in a carcrash, leaving behind her little children and husband.
I fear getting cancer or something else that will prevent me from doing my job as a wife and Mum.
I fear my children or husband dying.
Then when I hear of car crashes, plane crashes, terrorist attacks, sicknesses etc. I start to feel more and more fearful and insecure.
It makes me pray a lot more for safety for me, my husband and children.
But I am just realizing that physical safety is not the most important thing. I am realizing that I pray more for my children's safety than I do for their salvation--their eternal safety.
I try and hold on so tightly to physical life that I forget what the most important thing is--knowing God.
My priorities are a little bit wrong.
I hope that I will always be here for my children and that we will be kept safe from tragedies. I will still pray for safety. But that is not my biggest concern anymore.
What really matters is that my family will all be in Heaven. That each of us will know God on earth and live to honor Him. And if it takes difficulties, trials and even a tragedy for that to happen, in the long run it will be better than having an easy life and be lost for eternity.
We can't control our safety or our health anyway. Of course, we do our very best, but when our 'death appointment' comes, it comes no matter what. So why hold on to physical life so tightly? What matters is that we're prepared to meet God. That's what we should be the most concerned about.
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment