23/04/2015

God Understands

I had a difficult pregnancy day this week. I just didn't feel very well, so I rested as much as you possibly can when you have 3 little ones under 5 yrs. Instead of making muffins with my girls, we crawled into bed and read books! :) But after dinner I had 2 weeks worth of groceries to put away (that had been delivered), dishes to wash and dry, a lunchbox to fill, a house to tidy and three little children to get into bed. My husband had to go out straight after dinner, so I was on my own.  By 9 o'clock I was wasted and in tears just from being so tired. I climbed into bed. I knew I needed some encouragement from my Bible, but had no energy to sit up and read. But thankfully God brought a verse into my mind which is just what I needed.
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
What hit me was not the fact that He cared. But the fact that He understands! My husband cares very much for me. But he doesn't understand what it's like to be pregnant and he never will! Other people care for us, but don't understand what we're going through. I listened to a sermon once about the woman with an issue of blood. The preacher made a comment about how Jesus understood her as a woman because He created women! I had never really thought about that before! Men and women are completely different, and we often don't understand each other. In fact, I sometimes don't even understand myself!!  But God understands us completely because he created women!
When I have a hard day, God sees every little annoying or difficult thing that happens. So He understands why I'm worn out or discouraged at the end. 
That was such a comfort to me as I lay in bed feeling tired and overwhelmed. Just the fact that God sees and understands all our difficulties and He invites us to tell Him all about it because He cares for us. All the hardness was worth it, just to feel God's love and presence!
 So whatever you are going through right now, God sees, understands completely and cares! There may be no one else who understands or who know about your problems, but God does. What a good God!
Psalm 147:5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite (limitless).  

No comments:

Post a Comment