18/04/2015

Great Things are Done One Step at a Time

I have to remind myself of this quote often! Great things are done one step at a time. I know a song where the chorus goes: Little by little, inch by inch. By the yard it's hard, by the inch, what a cinch! Never stare up the stairs, just step up the steps. Little by little, inch by inch. I think the song was written for children but it's a big help to me!
So many things in life take a lot of small steps to get there. And because I can only take one small step at a time, it seems like I will never get there or it is so insignificant. Do you know the feeling?
Raising children is something that is done one step at a time. Hour by hour, day by day, week by week, year by year. We don't always see the fruit of all our work.
As a mother, I just find keeping the house and yard clean and tidy a big challenge! I have to remind myself, little by little, inch by inch! By the yard it's hard... I can't do a lot at a time, but if I do a little bit regularly, it does get done!
I am also writing a book, which is a long term project that takes A LOT of small steps. I have to encourage myself that I will get there one day if I keep taking steps!
I have been reading the Noah story to my children this week. It struck me how long it took Noah to build the ark! Talk about a long term project! When the ark was finished, there was still a lot to do--gathering food etc. He must have got discouraged sometimes and felt like giving up. But just aswell he didn't! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment