12/05/2015

Difficult!

 I find it difficult being a mother. Very difficult sometimes.
And I feel guilty that I find it difficult!
There are some ladies who would give anything just to be a mum, others who have lost their children and those who would love to find a husband.
And yet I am relieved when my children are in bed for the night. I hate disciplining. I get so sick of changing dirty nappies! Sometimes I feel like I will scream if I hear another question!
Don't get me wrong. I do love being a Mum! I love my children to bits. I wouldn't swap places with anyone else. I am so thankful that I am able to have children.
But I do find it difficult.
Last night as I opened my Bible, after talking to my husband about a hard morning I had lately with my children being very difficult, I was feeling guilty and wondering why I find it so hard sometimes.
I looked at my Bible and the verse I saw spoke to me. I know it has nothing to do with motherhood, but God used it to encourage me as mother.
 Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Straight away my question was answered. I thought, "If I didn't find it hard I wouldn't feel my need for God so much. Just as those who don't realize they're sick don't see their need for a doctor, and those who don't believe they are sinners don't see their need for a Saviour, if I found mothering a piece of cake, I wouldn't need God! At least I wouldn't feel my need for Him. But when I find it hard, I am desperate for God's help.
So instead of feeling guilty, I am thankful that I do find it hard. Because it keeps me dependent upon God.
Also, if I didn't find it hard and didn't need so much encouragement myself, I would never have started this blog because I would have seen no need for it! :)
Self pity, complaining, discontent, impatience etc. is wrong and we should be ashamed of those things.
 But it's not wrong to find it difficult! 


No comments:

Post a Comment