11/05/2015

An Attitude Adjustment

This last Saturday I was feeling like I needed a break from my children. But my husband had to go out all morning and couldn't take any children with him. After looking after them all week I felt like it was time for a break. I didn't like the idea of being home with them all morning by myself.
I started feeling sorry for myself! 
But then I realized that every evening after 7:00 -7:30 I get a break for a few hours. I also get a break every day for an hour when they have a rest.
I realized that I wanted a break, but I didn't need one! What I needed was an attitude adjustment!
When I got an attitude adjustment, I was able to look after my children with a thankful heart. It was still difficult, as my girls were at war with each other for half the morning! But having a good attitude definitely helped.
My husband ended up coming home later than planned, but the children played happily outside after lunch for a whole hour while I was able to get my baking done. God gives us what we need!
There are many things we do need, but sometimes... all we really need is an attitude adjustment!
(By the way, I don't like being honest and sharing my faults and failures on a public place like this. It's embarrassing! But it's difficult to share the significance of the lesson God taught me, without sharing why I needed to learn it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment