18/07/2015

Worry is a Waste of Time!

Do you worry a lot? I'm learning that a lot of what I worry about either doesn't happen, or God gives me the help I need at the time.
In other words, all my worry is for nothing! It's a waste of precious time!
I do need to think ahead and be prepared, but I should be praying instead of worrying.
This week my husband was away for most of the week, so I was going to be on my own with three children under 5yrs. My husband has had to work long hours lately, and I have found it difficult to get through dinner time without his help. So I started to worry about how I was going to cope when he was away for 5 nights.
Guess what? The worrying was a waste of time. A few days before he went away, my Mum unexpectedly contacted me and asked if I would like to bring the children to their home for a week (They live 41/2 hrs away). It worked out perfectly, and instead of having a difficult tiring week, I had a VERY relaxing week with lots of babysitters to help! :) My husband was able to come and pick us up at the end of the week and bring us home again.
But even if that hadn't happened, God would have helped me through.
At the moment there is a possibility that our (unborn) baby has a heart problem. We are going for a scan tomorrow to find out. While I was staying with my parents, my dad reminded me of this verse in 2 Timothy. God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
His advice was, "If there is a problem with your baby, you don't have to be afraid. You just have to go through it and God will help you."
And I am learning that this advice is very true! Worrying does no good, and God will always help us through the difficult times.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment