24/07/2015

To Laugh or to Cry?

Thismorning I decided to do some baking. I had a bag of lemons to use up, so I decided to make my favourite lemon loaf times four! I don't do much bulk baking, so I wasn't quite prepared. All the ingredients just fitted into my mixer, but then I added the milk. As you can imagine it splashed all over the bench and ran down the cupboards onto the floor! I emptied the mixture into my biggest pot and cleaned up the milk. I got out my hand mixer and added a bit more milk. I had it all mixed up and so I turned the hand mixer off as I pulled it out. Well, I thought I had turned it off, but instead I had turned it onto turbo! So mixture flew everywhere! Including over the window I had finally gotten around to cleaning yesterday! I just about cried. Then the thought came to me, "I can either cry or laugh. My daughters are watching me and how I respond. It's frustrating but really not that tragic! It only takes a bit of time to clean up."
I try and teach my children not to stress and get upset when things go wrong for them, so I need to set the example.
Sometimes it does me good to cry, but sometimes I just need to see the humor and laugh! Some things really don't matter. By the end of the day I had a clean kitchen and three delicious lemon loaves and some lemon muffins. It wasn't such a big deal after all!:)

I love this verse but need to be reminded of it often.
Proverbs 5:15 All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment