02/04/2016

Trust God


Do you ever struggle to trust God?
Last week it was nearly time to leave hospital. Our baby was recovering well from her heart surgery and we could go home and be reunited with our other children that I hadn't seen for two weeks. And yet fears flooded me--fears of something happening to keep us in hospital, fears of being separated from our children again etc.
I knew I needed to trust God but I also knew that sometimes what I want and what God wants are two different things! So I was finding it difficult to trust God.
Then I read a reading from the Daily Light. One of the verses was  "I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11
This spoke to me.
 I don't understand why hard things happen in my life---I don't know the reasons why. But God knows. He knows the reasons why and His thoughts are of peace and not of evil. He has a good purpose to everything He allows. He sees the big picture. I can trust Him. He is in control and He promises to work everything together for good if I love Him. He will allow hard trials to change me, teach me and make me more like Him but I can trust that He has a wise purpose for each one and He will go through it with me.

You can trust God!

No comments:

Post a Comment