08/11/2016

Patience

 
Patience Pays Off
 
I waited patiently for the LORD: and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1
 
 

Do you find it difficult to be patient? I feel as though I am doing a degree in patience at the moment and I am realizing just how impatient I am!
I have these words on my fridge at the moment to keep me focused. After tube feeding our special needs baby for over a year, we have finally been able to take her tube out and feed her completely orally. It took a lot of patience and perseverence to get there. It felt like she would NEVER get there.
Now we don't have to tube feed, but feeding takes about half the day! She doesn't drink well. I feel like she will NEVER get better and quicker. But I have to remember that Patience does pay off. Sometimes we have to just accept something that can't change, but often patience, perseverance, prayer and lot of work go a long way!
This time last year we spent 'FOREVER' in hospital with our baby. It felt like she would NEVER be well enough to go home! But the time came. Patience paid off.
Then we had to wait for heart surgery.
Then she got sick after surgery and another long hospital stay. It felt like we would be there FOREVER! But we were'nt! :)
Then when we got home, I started working with her every day to practice sitting up. It felt like she would NEVER get it! It took a few months but she got there.
You don't need a disability to try your patience though. We all have our own trials and tests of patience.
I like the way these verses in James are paraphrased in the Living Bible.
 Dear brothers, is your life full of difficulties and temptations? Then be happy, for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow. So let it grow, and don’t try to squirm out of your problems. For when your patience is finally in full bloom, then you will be ready for anything, strong in character, full and complete.
Patience Pays Off

No comments:

Post a Comment