07/03/2017

Sanity, Stress and Energy Savers

I wrote this list for myself because I am very good at wearing myself out! I want to prevent myself from doing that so we don't all have to suffer from it!

1) Get outside.
I'm an outside person but there is always lots to do inside. I need to make it a priority to get outside often enough so I don't get cabin fever!

2)Don't compare yourself to others.
I don't even know anybody else in the same shoes as me, so I shouldn't compare myself to other mums I know.

3)Do as many jobs early in the day if possible.
Usually I have more energy in the morning so it's good to get as many of the physical jobs done then.

4)Prioritize--don't start doing extra jobs before the basics are done.
I'm a bad one at this. I see something I want done and get stuck into it....even though I haven't even washed the breakfast dishes or made my bed yet! Then when I've run out of energy, the important jobs still need doing.

5) Rest when your children are resting.
Don't feel guilty about getting rest. Looking after children and keeping up with everything is very tiring.

6)Eat healthy and enough.
Eat food that gives you strength and energy. Look after your body.

7)Be self-controlled with computer time.

8)Have quiet times.
I'm not very noise tolerant, so this is important for me.   Have some time if possible when there is complete silence. That way you might cope better with all the noise of your family--you know, the constant "Mummy, Mummy", singing, humming and questions.

9)Find things that relax you.
Candles, hot drinks, peaceful music, gardening, art, singing, reading etc.

10)Don't try and do too much in one day.

11)Take time to enjoy things.
The beauty of God's Creation, time with your husband, the cuteness of your children... 

12)Keep on top of mess.
Mess irritates me. So keeping on top of it throughout the day and getting the children to put things away after them helps prevent me from getting overwhelmed and irritable. 

13)Listen to your body.
Don't push yourself unnecessarily. One of the last times I wore myself out, I had felt very tired during the day. Instead of taking it easy and resting, I pushed myself to do what I wanted to do. I paid for it at the end of the day! 

14) Ask God for help often.
You need it! There are times I've been overwhelmed with lots to do and I've prayed for help. And then my children have played so well together and not needed me, so I could catch up on what needed doing.

15) Make some time to read God's Word.
What food is to our bodies, the Bible is to our souls.

16)Note what things wear you out and be careful.
I know what things wear me out, so I am careful. For example, I don't mow all the lawns in one go and I don't have a whole day of baking/cooking!

17) Don't sweat the little things!
Some things just don't matter. It's more to important to have a sense of humor and spend time with our children and husband.



No comments:

Post a Comment