09/07/2017

God will Provide

This post is a follow on from one of my last posts. I mentioned I was reading a book about God providing. It is a book that has many testimonies of God providing for different needs.  I finished it yesterday. It has made me think back of specific times I have seen God providing in my life. I will share just a few...
My wedding dress
   I had been engaged a week when I stumbled upon a little wedding dress shop that sold dresses with sleeves. In our country, that's generally unheard of! I found a perfect dress for a very reasonable price. It blew me away! Specially when a short time later, the shop closed down.
Money to publish my first book
I put together a devotional book for teen girls but had no idea how to publish it. I found a way that I thought would be good, but I needed a big chunk of money that I didn't have. Around the time, I had just had a baby. From the government we were given a lump some of money as support for our new baby. It was the exact price I needed for the book! (And our baby didn't need that much money!)

Babysitting
There have been times when I've really needed a break from the children and felt really behind on jobs. 
Sometimes God provided by...
         ...my husband offering to take the children out (without knowing that I wanted a break)
         ....a friend asking if she could take our children for the morning/day
         ....the children playing so well that I could get lots of things done
         ....giving me the grace to still cope
Also, in the first year of our last baby being born, we needed help looking after our children for a total of 6 months. God provided that too, without having to move our kids around from place to place. He also provided a way for us to see our children when they were far away from us.

Enough money to get through a difficult time.
  When we were in hospital a long way from our home, my husband was able to work half the week then fly up to see me for the rest of the week. His boss was helpful and allowed him to have lots of time off. The government/hospital paid for a free flight each week for my husband. Other people gave gifts of money so that there was no financial stress during that time. Not to mention the Ronald Mcdonald house that provided free accommodation.


More grace
There were many times in hospital when I felt I couldn't handle it anymore. But God always picked me up and gave more grace to keep going.

Support with a special needs child
We have  a friend from our church who is very experienced in working with children with Down Syndrome. She voluntarily works with Lydia once a week helping with her development.

Looking back at the way God has provided in the past gives me faith to trust Him for today and for the future.

Next month, we will go overseas. It is a like a big mountain looming in front of me!  Lots of flying with small children and language barriers when we get there are two of the difficulties.
But God is teaching me to look forward to seeing how He will provide and help me through this time. I have a journal ready to jot them down!

In what ways has God provided for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment