03/08/2018

His Eye is on the Sparrow

The other morning I was feeling burdened by different things. So when the girls were off to school, I sat down for a while, and wrote all my concerns/requests down in my prayer journal. I was also reading Matthew 6 --the passage about not worrying.
When I had finished, I got busy cleaning the kitchen. I looked out the window and saw a flock of sparrows feeding on a piece of bread.
I had just read this verse in the Bible a few minutes before.
Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Matthew 6:26
It was so neat to see such a visual reminder out my window!
Then that night before I went to bed, my husband read the Daily Light. 
The last two verses were  Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.Luke 12:6-7
Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav’n and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.


No comments:

Post a Comment