11/10/2018

Are you sure you're not...

I heard a question the other day which has made me think a lot. Somebody asked another person, "Are you sure you're not making it more difficult than it is?"
An interesting question! Is it possible to make something more difficult than it is?
I think so. Especially if you are a perfectionist or if you are proud! In many areas of life it is easy to over complicate things.
If my life or my faith is getting too complicated or overwhelming, I should stop and ask, "Am I making this harder than it really is?"
Am I making 'keeping my house clean' harder than it is? Am I trying to make my home perfect instead of clean?
Am I making 'looking after my children' more difficult than it really is? Am I trying to be super mum instead of a good mum?
Am I making 'menu planning and shopping' harder than it is?
Am I making 'being a Christian' harder than it really is?

If I am trying to be perfect, I am making it harder than it is.
If I am trying to do something without God's help, I am making it harder than it is.
If I don't simply take God at His Word and believe what He has said, I am making things way harder than they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment