09/10/2018

When it Gets Too Hard

Do you ever feel that something is too hard for you? Something you know you are supposed to do, and yet it seems too hard?
Just being a mother is sometimes too hard for me! To know what to do sometimes is beyond me. Sometimes I feel like I'm the wrong kind of person to be a mum. I can't tolerate a certain amount of noise, I get exhausted quickly and I love alone time.
And then being the mother of a child with Down Syndrome is definitely too hard for me. I am naturally very impatient and like instant results. Having a special needs child takes a huge amount of patience and it can take a very long time to see results. I know other woman who would be much better at it! I like to be relaxed, but it's very busy and sometimes stressful keeping up with Lydia's needs.
BUT... it is good when life gets too hard for me. Well, it's not good when I just grumble and complain and say "I can't do it." But it's good when I realize how much I need God's help. With His help, I can do whatever He wants me to do. When I realize my own weakness and ask God for His strength, I experience God's help.
God gave Moses a job to do that completely overwhelmed him. Moses said, " I can't do it. I'm not the right one for the job. I'm not good at that." And yet, He is the one God chose. Naturally, he couldn't do it. But with God's help, He did it!
Is there something in your life that you feel you just can't do, and yet you are sure it is what you are supposed to do?
Be encouraged! Naturally you can't do it. But if you are dependent on God for His help, you CAN do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment