30/11/2018

God's Choice For Me

This morning I had to go to hospital for a few hours to get an injection because of my blood group and because of my miscarriage. As I drove out the driveway I checked the mail and found an envelope from a friend who had a few miscarriages in a row. When I was in the waiting room in the hospital I opened it up. She had sent me a card as well as two poems. I opened up the first poem and got a bit of a surprise.
 Quite a few years ago, my sister was going through difficult health problems. One day I read a poem which reminded me of her situation. I got a nice piece of writing paper, printed out the poem and gave it to her.
I didn't know she photocopied that poem and gave it to the friend who had the miscarriages. 
Not knowing that the poem had originally come from me, this friend sent it to me. 
I had sent it to my sister in her need, and now the same poem on that same writing paper had come to me from someone else in my need! Talk about coming full circle!
It was so strange and special to read that same poem in my situation. I hadn't read it in years.
I would like to share it with you.

God's Choice For Me
I would have chosen a sunlit path,
All strewn with roses fair,
With never a cloud to darken my way--
Nor a shade of anxious care.
But He chose for me a better way--
Not sunshine or roses sweet
But clouds o'er head and thorns below
That cut and hurt my feet.
I have deep joys of another kind;
My Rose of Sharon is He:
And as for sunshine---His lovely face
Is perfect sunshine to me.

I would have chosen my life to be
Active, tireless and strong;
A constant, ceaseless working for Him,
Amid the needy throng.
But He chose for me a better lot--
A life of frequent pain,
Of strength withheld when 'twas needed most,
Amid loss instead of gain.
He gave me work of another kind,
Far, far above my thought,
The work of interceding with Him
For the souls that he had bought.

'Tis far, far better to let Him choose
The way that we should take,
If only we thus leave our life with Him,
He will guide without mistake.
We, in our blindness would never choose
A pathway dark and rough,
And so we should never find in Him
"The God who is enough"'

In disappointment, trouble, and pain,
We turn to the Changeless One,
And prove how faithful, loving and wise
Is God's beloved Son.
~Catherine S. Miller~


No comments:

Post a Comment