13/12/2018

Hope for the Future

We are nearly at the end of week three of recovery from our second miscarriage. Now that I am physically feeling better, I have had lots of fear to deal with. Fear of the future, fear of another miscarriage etc. Although we know we shouldn't fear the future, it is very difficult not to do sometimes. Tonight I was reading through my prayer journal and found these words that I wrote down over a year ago. They were very encouraging to me.

Do not look forward to the changes and chances of this life in fear. Rather look at them with full hope that, as they arise, God, whose You are, will deliver you out of them. He has kept you hitherto; do you but hold fast to His dear hand, and He will lead you safely through all things; and when you cannot stand, He will bear you in His arms.
Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow, and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then, put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.  
    ~Francis de Sales

No comments:

Post a Comment