23/01/2015

God is Good

Today was just one of those days! By lunch time I was in tears. No matter how much time I spent with my children or how much discipline I gave them, in the end I didn't know what to do with them anymore without losing it. And the new recipe I tried was a flop! The baby is teething and wants to be held a lot. Thankfully my husband came home for lunch and saved the day!
After lunch he read Psalm 118. The first and last verse of the Psalm was just for me.
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.
The phrase 'for he is good' stood out to me. That is the reason that I have to be thankful. My children may not be always good, my day may not be going good, my baking may not turn out good, etc. but God is always good. It's easy to give thanks when everything is good. But when nothing seems good, we still have reason to be thankful! God is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment