26/11/2015

You Have This Moment

Recently I met a mother who has twin babies. One of her twins is in intensive care but the other one is fine. Her sick twin nearly died at one stage. She said that someone told her, “You only have the moment.” That thought helped her.

Thinking about it, it's actually quite Biblical. We have no guarantee that we have tomorrow, but we do have this moment.

We may not have our children tomorrow, we may not have our husband tomorrow, we may not even be alive tomorrow, but we do have this moment to show love and spend time with them.

The people we see today, we may never see again. But we do have this moment to be friendly.

Our friends may be gone tomorrow, but they are still here today. Be a friend while you have the chance--It may not be there tomorrow.

It's so easy to put things off or to waste the precious moments we have. But this moment is the only guarantee we have.

I was just reading in the newspaper thismorning of a man who has been told he has 9 months left to live. He said he wants to spend that time making memories with his family. Making the most of the moment.

Life can change so quick. Last week my children were staying with me next to the hospital where our baby was. At 1:00 in the afternoon I was told our baby needed to be transported to another hospital first thing the next morning. I had the afternoon and evening to organize for the children to go back to my parents place and to get packed up. I was glad I had spent the week that I did have with them making memories and having special times with them.

Make the most of this moment. It may be the last one you have.

James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Proverbs 27:1 Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment