25/05/2014

Destructive Caterpillars

A few months back I bought some marigold plants and planted them in pots in a few areas around our house. Before long they were looking really beautiful with their bright orange flowers. But then I noticed that the one by my front door was looking sick. The flowers looked like they were half dead and I didn't know what had happened. So I just pulled off the ugly flowers and threw them away. Some time later I discovered the reason. There were two big green caterpillars on the plant eating away at it. I pulled them off and after some time the plant started to look healthy again.
As I thought about those caterpillars I realized there was a lesson on marriage I could learn there!
All good marriages are like a beautiful plant. But there are destructive 'caterpillars' that eat away at the flowers and destroy the beauty and sometimes even kill the whole thing completely.
'Caterpillars' like pride, resentment, bitterness, self pity, anger and disrespect--just to name a few.
How is your marriage looking? What 'caterpillars' are eating away at the unity and beauty of your relationship? You don't have to just sit and watch it happen. God can deliver us from these sins and restore the beauty. But we have to be on guard, confess our sin and seek God for deliverance.
Watch out for those caterpillars and save your marriage!

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:31-32

Linking to Mom's the Word

No comments:

Post a Comment